I don't know about you but sometimes it's the simple things in life that I enjoy the most, and one of them is the flavor, and aroma of a fresh cut mango. What people fail to realize, is that this is the king of all fruits. I got some at the market this week, and discovered again just how good this fruit really is. Mango comes in different shapes and sizes. The outer skin is smooth, and green in un-ripe mangoes, but turns into golden yellow, bright yellow, or orange-red when they ripen. A high-quality mango fruit should have very little fiber content, and minimal sour taste. Mangoes have a moderate amounts of copper. Copper is a co-factor for many vital enzymes, and is also required for the production of red blood cells, but first a little history:
Mango contains a variety of phytochemicals and nutrients. The fruit pulp is high in prebiotic dietary fiber, vitamin C, diverse polyphenols and provitamin A carotenoids. In mango fruit pulp, the antioxidant vitamins A and C, Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), folate, other B vitamins and essential nutrients, such as potassium, copper and amino acids, are present. Mango peel and pulp contain other phytonutrients, such as the pigment antioxidants carotenoids, polyphenols, and omega-3 and -6 polyunsaturated fatty acids. All of which counteract free radicals which cause inflammation, a precursor in various disease processes. The mango is a member of the "anachardiaceae" family which includes poison ivy, cashews, and pistachios, bet you didn't know that, and today there are over 1,000 different varieties of mango's throughout the world, bet you didn't know that either. Below are some of the numerous health and nutrition benefits of "The King Of Fruits":
- Anti Cancer: The cancers that mangoes help us to fight include prostrate, breast, colon, and leukemia. The phenols in mangoes, such as quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat, as well as the abundant enzymes, have cancer-preventing capacities. Mango is also high in a soluble dietary fiber known as pectin. Scientist have identified a strong link between eating lots of fiber and a lower risk of cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. A cup of sliced mangoes (around 165 gram) contain 76% of the needed daily value of vitamin C, a potent antioxidant which helps protect cells from free radical damage and reduces risk of cancer.
- Eye Health: One cup of sliced mangoes supplies 25% of the needed daily value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight. So eating mangoes regularly helps to prevent night blindness, refractive errors, dryness of the eyes, softening of the cornea, itching and burning in the eyes.
- Helps In Digestion: Mangoes contain digestive enzymes that help break down proteins and aid digestion. It also combats acidity and poor digestion because of an enzyme found in the fruit which soothes the stomach. Due to the high amounts of fiber found in mango, it can be a helpful in keeping you regular, thereby helping or preventing constipation.
- Benefits To Skin: Mango is effective in relieving clogged pores. People who suffer from acne, which is caused by clogged pores, will benefit from mango. Just remove the mango pulp and apply a mango scrub on your skin for about 10 minutes before washing it. Eating mango regularly makes the complexion fair and the skin soft and shining.
- Helps In Diabetes: The glycemic index of mango is low, ranging between 41-60. So, mango does not have any significant effect in increasing blood sugar levels. Mangoes boost virility among men naturally,and is called the love fruit in many cultures.
- Beneficial For Anemia: Mangoes are beneficial for pregnant women and individuals suffering from anemia because of their iron content. Also, the quality and quantity of vitamin C in the mango enhances the absorption of iron from other foods.
- Boost Memory: Mangoes are useful to anyone who lacks concentration, it contains glutamine acid which has been proven to boost memory and keep cells active.
But, hurry fast, this offer will end soon!
Or you may be interested in trying A NO COST Introductory personal trainer workout or diet consultation by phone, Skype or in person!
For the best Personal Fitness Training in Orange County, California:
PLEASE CONTACT ME; DOC MASTERS, at firstname.lastname@example.org